9 months?! I can't believe he's already this old. My ovaries are doing summer-saults because I have baby fever so bad, but that's probably because I've gotten three nights of sleep. I'm sure that will be over soon and I'll go back to being done with two. Regardless of the loss of sleep, this age is my favorite. I say that every month, but it just keeps getting better!
Nine months, almost time for a birthday party which is in the works! I'm having fun planning this one. I've changed my mind twice already. But, I'm sticking with it this time. It's overused but I like it so we're going with it. Also, I can't wait to dress this boy up for Halloween!
- Giggles. He has the best giggle and has started to laugh more and more. He thinks his brother is the funniest person in the world. Peek-a-boo is hilarious also!
- Pulls himself up. He has really started to pull himself up onto things. When we are holding him, he likes to be standing and bouncing. He's getting those legs strong for walking. #notreadyyet
- Baby talk. He will, out of the blue, start rambling. He knows how to grab someone's attention. He will just ramble all sorts of noises and it's the cutest thing.
- Loves to play. He loves to be in the middle of whatever his brother is doing. At daycare, he loves all the attention from the other kids and likes to be involved. He doesn't like to be by himself. In fact, he's started screaming his head off if he can't see anyone.
- No. Oh my goodness, he has started shaking his head no. When he doesn't want something to eat, he purses his lips together as tight as possible and shakes his head.
- Fights. I've witnessed several brother fights. Since he is so mobile, he's getting into his brother's toys. He knocks things down, he is quiet the trouble maker. Just wait until he starts walking, then we'll be in trouble!
- He's attached to his binky and blanket. He buries his head in his blanket and rubs it on his cheek while I give him his nighttime bottle. I started giving him his binky so he wouldn't put random things in his mouth and now he really likes it. I wouldn't say he needs his binky, but if he sees it, he prefers that it's in his mouth.
- He's wearing size 3 diapers and 12 month clothes.
- He knows what he doesn't like. I tried giving him peas the other day and he was making himself gag. Also, carrots. He prefers to have veggies mixed in with some meat.
- He loves food. He's so interested in what we are eating that purees seem like they are a thing of the past. I keep trying to feed them to him but he isn't interested. I made Colson a pb&j so I cut on into small strips and gave Peyton half. He loved it!!!
- I made chicken fajitas the other night and gave him some cut into really small pieces, he loved it.
- This boy is ready for solids.
Ugh. Like I mentioned at the top of this post, I have gotten three nights of good sleep. He's been waking up two-three times a night. He has some teeth coming in, and we've all be fighting a cold. I'm not exactly sure what the deal is but he hasn't been sleeping great. He goes down at 8 and is up for the day by 7. Some mornings, he'll have a bottle and go back down until around 9.
He takes a morning nap. Usually it's about 2 hours. In the afternoon he usually takes a 3 hour nap. I try my hardest to have the boys nap at the same time, but his afternoon nap is the best nap of the day.
He is arming crawling or rolling everywhere. He has figured out how to get around. Having hardwood floors makes it more of a challenge, but he's figuring it out.
Everyday is a new adventure with him. His personality is really starting to shine. He has a temper. (that he gets from his dad, i'm sure of it!) He will play independently but only if someone is in the room with him. He doesn't like being alone. His brother is the greatest person in the world. He says "Mama" but I think he's holding out for Dad just to push his Dad's buttons! :) He brings so much joy to this family and we love watching him grow!