I'm participating in a fun link-up today with Shay and Erika. Twice a month they have a fun link up and this week it is about heading back to school!
Since this year is our first time heading to school...it's exciting to start some new traditions!
I asked Colson what he wanted me to make him for breakfast on the first day of school and I really expected him to say cereal but he said pancakes. So, on the first day of school, I'll make him pancakes!
I ordered a sign off of Etsy to take a picture with.
I'm sure he'll hate this tradition the older he gets!
I'll take a picture with his backpack too. This year he picked out an Under Armour backpack. I was hoping for a Pottery Barn on that I could have his name embroidered onto...oh well!
I want to ask him these fun questions too and keep them every year.
1. How old are you?
2. What is your favorite color?
3. What is your favorite food?
4. What is your favorite TV show?
5. What is your favorite holiday?
6. What is your favorite thing to do with Mom?
7. What is your favorite thing to do with Dad?
8. What is your favorite thing to do with Peyton?
9. What are you most excited about this year in school?
10. What are you most nervous about this year in school?
11. What do you want to be when you grow up?
12. What is your favorite movie?
13. What is your favorite toy/stuffed animal?
14. What is your favorite thing to wear?
15. Who are you going to marry when you grow up?
16. What are you going to name your kids when you grow up?
When I pick him up I see us catching up about his day with an ice cream cone from Roe Ann's!
As far as school clothes go, I picked up a few things for him but he's still wearing his summer clothes. He only wants athletic wear so TJ Maxx and Nordstrom Rack has been my go to places.
I picked up some tennis shoes for him last winter that finally fit, just in time for school.
And, I ordered him a new pair of Natives. My favorite shoes even though Travis doesn't love them.
For me...I received my new Erin Condren planner. I used to order it in January but it makes sense to me to start with a fresh planner at back to school so this year I changed it up. It's the best planner!!
My goal is to have dinners planned out since we have school, football, golf, and life just seems to get crazy this time of year.
I'm looking forward to routine again and the change of the season! I've been contemplating when to decorate for fall. Something tells me that if my husband walked into a house full of fall decorations, he might walk right back out! Ha!