This is the perfect dip for the holidays! I have no idea where this recipe originally came from. Cara Carrol shared it on Instagram last year and I've been making it ever since. It's so good!!!
Here's what I used:
- 12 oz. fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup green onion
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 16 oz. cream cheese
Here's what I did:
- Hand-chop cranberries. This takes some time but it's worth it. Chop your green onion, jalapeno peppers, and cilantro. Toss it all in a medium size bowl.
- Next, add the sugar, lemon juice, and salt. Stir it all together.
- You'll cover it with plastic wrap and put it in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, take it out of the refrigerator and give it a good stir. Next, strain out all the liquid. Make sure you use a colander with small holes or you'll lose some of your ingredients.
- Whip your cream cheese for a few minutes and spread it into the bottom of a pie plate.
- Pour your cranberry mixture over the top and stick it in the refrigerator until you're ready to serve!
I serve it with Ritz crackers.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do! It's my go to recipe whenever I need to take something to a get together for the holidays!