With the holidays coming up, I thought I would share a very easy dessert recipe. I happened to have all the ingredients on hand. I like to keep things in my pantry that might come in handy.
This is such an easy recipe that doesn't take very much time at all! With friends and family getting together, this would be an easy dessert that tastes so good!
What you'll need:
- 1 box Spice Cake mix
- 2 (21 oz) apple pie filling
- 1/2 butter
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
What you'll do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray the inside of a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. I use Pam.
- Empty cans of apple pie filling into the bottom of your dish. Make sure to spread it out evenly with a spatula.
- Spring cinnamon over the apple pie filling.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the dry Spice Cake mix with melted butter. Stir it together until it's a crumbly consistency.
- Pour the cake mix over the apples in the dish. I just use my fingers to spread it out so it covers all of the apples.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Make sure the edges are hot and bubbly.
- Serve with ice cream!!! Enjoy!