These have become our favorite chocolate chip cookies.
They are very easy to make and they stay soft.
I love soft cookies!
I always double the recipe because it only makes 12 cookies, and I like to share them!
- 8 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt + a pinch
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix butter and sugars until creamy.
3. Add vanilla and egg, beat 10-15 seconds. (don't overmix!!!!)
4. Add flour, baking soda, & salt. Mix until crumbles form.
5. Use hands to form dough and incorporate chocolate chips with hands.
6. Bake 9-11 minutes and remove from oven immediately.
7. Let cool on wire rack.