1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Egg Nog Latte'! I love when the coffee shops come out with their holiday drinks so I can endulge in way too many calories with these lovely drinks!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under tree?
When I was a kid he just left them under the tree. Now my brother and I get stockings from Santa. :) I want to carry on the same tradition for Colson and have "Santa" leave his larger gift under the tree, unwrapped.
3. Colored lights on the house/ tree or white lights?
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Nope. I honestly don't even know where to get mistletoe.
5. When do you put up your decorations up?
Usually the day after Thanksgiving, but this year I was a couple weeks late and put them up this past weekend. And, because I was so late getting them up and I'm pregnant so I got really tired, I only put up half of the decorations!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? (excluding dessert)
It's hard to just pick one, especially being pregnant this year! I'm looking forward to mashed potatoes and gravy, greenbean casserole, and my Uncle's Turkey. I love my Uncle's turkey. Sometimes he smokes a turkey and sometimes he deep fries one. Either way is delish!
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I don't remember exactly, but I think it was in elementary school.
9.Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
We exchange gifts with my Aunt and Uncle on Christmas Eve after dinner with them. But, next year, I want to start the tradition of Christmas PJs! I will find some fun ones for Colson and let him open them on Christmas Eve so he will have cute PJs on for pictures on Christmas morning while he opens his gifts!
10. How do you decorate your tree?
Brown, gold, and green ornaments. Very simple. Next year I want to add mesh!
11. Snow! Love it or dread it?
I love snow as long as I don't have to be out in it. But it is beautiful and if I'm inside and especially not on the road, I really enjoy it.
12. Can you ice skate?
I wouldn't say I'm good by any means but I can make my way around the ice rink!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
I think I had a favorite every year. One year I recieved a Maytag Iron and I still have it and love it. They no longer make the model that I have so I'm very gentle with it!
14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Spending time with my family and celebrating Christ's birth.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
When I'm not pregnant, my mom's pumpkin cheesecake! I haven't been able to stomach pumpkin so I'm excited for the holidays next year!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Spending Christmas Eve as a family. :) There is nothing better than family.
17. What tops your Christmas tree?
Lots of feathers and glittery picks! It is tall and looks like an alien of somesort on top of out Christmas tree but I love it!
18. Which do you prefer-giving or receiving?
I really love giving! I love shopping for others and I love giving someone something they really wanted or needed.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
I love Silver Bells.
20. Candy Canes-yum or yuck?
Yum! And I love all the different flavors they have now.
21. What do you want for Christmas?
I really don't need anything. I'm just excited for next year's Christmas to have Colson!
22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party?
Yes. I worked at a local coffee shop for about 7 years and the owner has a Christmas party at her house each year so we go to that. It's really fun to see everyone and all the regular customers.
23. Do you dress up on Christmas or wear PJs?
Christmas and Christmas Eve are both very casual.
24. Do you own a Santa hat?
25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with?
I spend Christmas Eve with my Mom's side. We go to my aunt and Uncle's house. And then on Christmas my brother and I usally go to my parent's house.
I tag Sara!